Saturday, December 11, 2004

illegal immoral or fattening

I am sitting here drinking an ouzo large enough to make the late great Oliver Reed tremble. At the same time, I am smoking a cigarette, which, according to the health warning, has enough toxins in it to wipe out a small army. I am enjoying both of them thoroughly. Why is is that human beings enjoy the things that are so bad for them? Why do I not want to eat twenty portions of fresh uncooked vegetables a day, whereas twenty cigarettes a day come so naturally? Why is it that two portions of fresh fruit a day are a drag, whereas two drinks a day are an utter pleasure? Why is it that I put off going for a healthy walk, yet when I wake up on Sunday morning, I have no desire at all to put off staying in bed?
Answers on the back of a cigarette packet please.
Kalh nyxta se olous

Jamie

1 Comments:

At 2:30 pm, Blogger  said...

OBSERVATION

If I don't drive around the park,
I'm pretty sure to make my mark.
If I'm in bed each night by ten,
I may get back my looks again.
If I abstain from fun and such,
I'll probably amount to much;
But I shall stay the way I am,
Because I do not give a damn.

Dorothy Parker

 

Post a Comment

<< Home